The beautiful interior of St. Mary’s Chapel and its spectacular 150ft steeple serve as a wonderful example of late Victorian architecture. The chapel opened for worship in 1901 with its primary function as the place of worship for the College students. The chapel was a daily feature of life at Blairs, with Mass and other devotions such as Rosary and Benediction familiarising the boys with the formal practices of Catholic worship and ceremony.
St. Mary’s Chapel is still in active use today, having retained a local parish after the College closed in 1986. Mass is at 9.30 am on Sundays.
To have a closer look at the Chapel,
visit The Chapel Virtual Scene page.
(QuickTime player required)
Parish information: www.stmarysblairs.org
Parish administrator: Deacon John Wire 07711 847582 or email email@example.com
The Parish of St. Mary
South Deeside Road
Aberdeen AB12 5YQ
Sunday Mass: 9. 30 am
Holydays of Obligation: as announced (but usually 7.00 pm).